About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
In this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still growing and still hiring. We're open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
Localizing Shopify’s platform is one of the ways we are working to make commerce better for everyone...everywhere. The Localization Program Manager will work closely with the Product Localization Leads on continuously building better processes to scale our localization program. This role will work closely alongside our internal Languages Team, Content & Localization teams, Growth & Social team, Brand team, International Product Lines, and our external vendors to scale our localization efforts across Shopify into a large number of languages.
- Work closely with the Programs Localization Lead in creation, development, maintenance and automation of the Shopify-wide translation and localization process
- Project management of translation and localization processes. Educating translation requesters on best practices for localization
- Partnership with the Content and Localization team in prioritizing and completing projects
- Alignment with the International Product team and In-Country Teams to identify upcoming priorities and evolve the existing translations process to accommodate these priorities
- Act as a point of contact for our external language service providers/vendors, coordinating and facilitating the workflow between the vendor and Shopify
- Vetting the quality of translations provided by external vendors through linguistic testing and linguistic quality assurance in your mother tongue and other languages you may be proficient in
- Video localization experience ie. voiceover and subtitles
- Experience with TMS (Translation Management Software) or CAT tools
- Demonstrated professional experience in translation and localization, ideally with software localization
- Strong people and process orientation
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working on global projects/teams
- Learn and be an advocate for new localization systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
This posting will close on September 29th , at 9:00am EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.