Shopify Support has traditionally only offered English as a supported language. In addition, almost all aspects of Shopify’s product, marketing, and supporting documentation English-only. As Shopify continues to expand into additional markets the need for support in multiple languages is due to grow. We're seeking someone with a depth of experience in transitioning organizations away from a monolingual base to multilingual. In doing so you'll work closely with stakeholders across multiple departments and teams to ensure the Shopify experience remains world-class across locales.
You'll need to:
- Identify and outline current challenges and pain points around the current state of our localization efforts.
- Innovate and optimize current localization processes and define a scalable localization model.
- Lead efforts for processes automations and localization tools improvements to increase efficiency and linguistic quality of the localized product.
- Provide clear quality standards and address localization challenges across different departments in terms of style, consistency, and merchant/Support experience.
- You’ll collect data around translation quality and then analyze it to be able to make recommendations based on those results.
- Working with Product and Dev teams to advocate for internationalization standards and best practices will be a big part of this role. Raising awareness of and advising engineering teams on the rollout and priorities of Shopify’s localization efforts will be important.
- Vendor relation management: we work with a ton of outside vendors - you’ll be managing relations between teams of external contractors and relationship with any localization vendors.
- Collaborate closely with our Support Leadership teams to ensure that the localization and operational strategies are aligned.
You'll be able to bring the following to the table:
- Project management experience with localization background.
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and in-house localization tools and platforms that manage and/or automates translation workflow.
- Have you lead a team before? Great!
- Experience with reporting, data analysis, vendor relations, and stakeholder management.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English ideal (Spanish particularly).
- Ability to get shit done.
Make your cover letter out to Dustin. Posting will close July 21st.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.