About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing company currently powering over 1 million stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their businesses across multiple sales channels, including web, and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
We are looking to add a Manager, Internal IT Audit to our growing team in Ottawa. This role will report to the Head of Risk and Internal Audit, and play an integral part in Shopify’s success by assisting in the design and execution of activities to support the function. This includes conducting outreach activities to promote the value of internal audit, conducting operational audits, overseeing SOX 404 program, and assisting in the design and continuous improvement of internal audit processes.
Internal Audit is a key function in Shopify’s governance model, as it provides an internal, independent, and unbiased health check on how areas of risk are being managed. This person will be focused on the development and execution of IT audit processes at Shopify.
You will need to have:
- A passion for IT audit
- A passion for leading people and developing teams
- A strategic mindset
- Professional certification related to IT audit (e.g.CISA, CISSP, CRISC)
- Experience conducting IT General Controls audits with public companies, and/or SOX 404 or NI 52-109 audit experience under COBIT and COSO Frameworks
- Experience with audit software and computerized audit approaches
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills with a passion for problem solving, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and maintain relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet objectives and timelines while managing multiple priorities and stakeholders
- An ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving work environment
- Experience in high-growth companies leveraging a significant amount of technology is considered an asset
You will be working on things like:
- Planning, conducting, and reporting on the annual IT General Controls assessment in support of the SOX 404 audit program and leading other IT internal audits such as system under development audits
- Analyzing and synthesizing information to identify improvements to address control gaps, address operational inefficiencies and/ or mitigate risk; and, developing well-founded and clearly articulated recommendations
- Managing project schedules and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across multi-functional and global teams
- Supporting establishment and continuous improvement in the function including evolving internal IT audit processes, tools and templates
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Clarissa. This posting will close on January 29th, 2020 at 4pm.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Privacy Analyst||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Accounting||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Corporate Paralegal||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Procurement Operations Specialist||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Patent Attorney/Agent||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Head of Tax||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|