About the role
As Shopify’s Market Events Specialist in China, you will be leading working with marketers and partner managers to develop and execute events strategy that grows and builds Shopify’s community of entrepreneurs in our China markets. These initiatives will be executed across different regions, industries and audiences.
This role will be responsible for creating high touch experiences for Shopify’s community of merchants, partners, and future employees in China. We execute events such as Merchant Meetups, Partner Days, Co-hosted Roadshows, etc. and bring Shopify to events throughout China.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in offline events strategy and execution and experiential marketing
- Experience in top-tier, multifaceted conferences and scaling those conferences to different audience types and regions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in chaos and think quickly on your feet
- Great execution ability and the ability to push things happen step by step, before deadlines
- Contacts of vendors/providers for event related materials (swag, banners etc), people(hosts, production personnel etc) and venues
- A resourceful attitude and negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify as well as external partners
- Native level Chinese with high English fluency and the ability to help with marketing copies
- Good sense to analyze data, summarize experiences and optimize events as we go along the way
You will get to do things like
- Be responsible for all event execution (pre-planning, on site and post) and manage events related creatives and swag
- Drive experiential marketing strategies and tactics to support business objectives and connect with Shopify’s community of app developers, merchant developers, service agencies, and channel partners
- Thoroughly understand the Shopify partner ecosystem, product offerings, and competitive differentiation to develop unique, engaging, and measurable in person experiences
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders in North America including Platform product line, Product Marketing, Brand Strategy, Creative/UX, and PR
- Participate or Lead event related co-marketing efforts with strategic partners including Google, Facebook, P, and more and build good long-term relationships with them
- Define third-party sponsorship strategy and program for all proprietary events
- Develop China Experiential strategy and plan by proactively looking for opportunities and making recommendations that align with Shopify’s goals and objectives
- 与谷歌，Facebook, Paypal等战略合作伙伴联合市场活动，并与他们建立良好的长期关系
It would be great if you had:
- Experience working in a startup, ecommerce or the tech industry - it's important to understand the kinds of events we're into and the products we deliver
- Background in Advertising, event planning, marketing, etc.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please upload your both your English and Chinese resumes, we are looking forward to reading your application!