About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Designers are an integral part of evolving and defining how we represent Shopify to the world. Working directly with a diverse team of UX Marketing specialists to grow the number of customers using Shopify and the reach of Shopify the brand.
As Marketing UX Designer, you’ll be an advocate for people considering our products, helping them discover our features and resources to realize their entrepreneurial potential. You’ll work on a variety of projects, collaborating with all of our product UX teams. You’ll have a chance to own an ever-changing problem space and thrive on change as you help merchants all over the world find success.
- Evolve the user experience of Shopify marketing properties
- Champion and evolve Shopify’s brand standards and guidelines
- Optimize the effectiveness of our marketing properties & activations
- Champion projects to ensure that they are progressing at a high level of quality from start to finish
- Help the entire team grow and become more effective by pairing and collaborating with other UXers, sharing insights, new tools, and best practices
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and championing all facets of Marketing UX (content strategy, design, art direction, and interaction design)
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Figma, etc), as well as some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A scrappy, resourceful approach to projects - you’re proactive and great at self assigning tasks.
- You have a soft spot for the end-user - advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do. This user empathy helps you prioritize experience, trust-building and long term success over short term gains.
- An interest in building scalable design systems that can respond to the needs of a global audience
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines
This posting will close on Friday, May 22nd, 2020 at 5 PM EST.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Designer, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Design Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Online Store Tools||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Marketing Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Product Designer, Shop Pay||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Content Strategist||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff UX Researcher, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Design Manager, Shop||UX and Design||Americas|