Marketing Funnel Optimization Lead
- Marketing and Growth
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
The marketing funnel optimization lead at Shopify’s Demand Marketing team will play a pivotal role in contributing to high-impact initiatives through deep analytical expertise and a deep understanding of marketing. This role involves providing in-depth analytics support, translating complex data into actionable insights, crafting reporting strategies, developing dashboards and managing diverse analytics projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative background, extensive experience in marketing analytics, proficiency in advanced analytical tools, and excellent communication skills. They will champion a data-driven culture, fostering strong relationships with cross-functional teams and advocating for best practices.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Commercial Marketing team, providing comprehensive measurement and analytics support across various product lines within the marketing funnel.
- Establish and own a robust marketing measurement framework, including learning plans, deep-dive channel and campaign analysis, audience identification, budget forecasting and goal setting.
- Design, build, and maintain dashboards to effectively track and visualize key marketing metrics and funnel performance, providing clear visibility into marketing campaign results and effectiveness, including aspects such as lead funnel, opportunity stages, pipeline contribution, and ROI.
- Regularly update and refine dashboards based on evolving business needs and stakeholder feedback, ensuring they remain relevant, user-friendly, and actionable.
- Conduct comprehensive analyses of the marketing funnel in collaboration with cross-functional teams, identifying bottlenecks, optimizing customer journeys, and leveraging data to inform decision-making and develop strategies for improving conversion rates and overall funnel efficiency.
- Transform complex data into actionable insights and recommendations for Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and Content teams, driving growth and optimization.
- Conduct regular business reviews on marketing performance, identifying opportunities for individual campaign, channel optimization, and overall marketing channel mix.
- Collaborate with data scientists and marketers to design, analyze, and interpret experiments for causal inference, developing extensive knowledge of merchant journeys, campaign measurement, A/B testing, customer segmentation, targeting optimization, and marketing mix modeling/econometric analysis.
- Manage and support multiple analytics projects across the organization, ensuring alignment with Marketing goals and maintaining data integrity and quality in reporting.
- Develop and implement new reporting strategies, combining multiple data sources and systems, and supporting dashboard creation and ad hoc analysis.
- Build and maintain positive, cooperative relationships with various cross-functional teams.
- Champion a data-driven culture, evangelizing best practices with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, or Quantitative Marketing is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing analytics, with a focus on applied statistics, experimentation, ad efficacy measurement and campaign optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sharp marketing and business judgements, with the capacity to discern critical information amidst complex data.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to structure and conduct analyses, interpret raw data, draw meaningful conclusions, and develop compelling, actionable recommendations.
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising and measurement ecosystem.
- Familiarity with applied statistics, including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data-mining techniques.
- Proficiency with advanced analytical tools such as SQL, R, and Python.
- Familiarity with reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, GA4, Looker Studio etc.) and knowledge of web measurement technologies, ad serving platforms (e.g., DART), and website analytics software.
- Experience developing new solutions and research from scratch.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex, technical concepts to a diverse audience.