About the role
Your peers in Shopify's Growth team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and experiences but share an established track record of driving significant business growth. We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. As a Marketing Manager, Display & video, you will be responsible for shaping & executing growth strategies for the Display & video community of practice. You will work closely with your peers in Data Science, Design & Product. This role will require you to build strong relationships and partnerships with teams of different disciplines, in many regions and at all levels.
- Expert level experience with programmatic and online video, including buying, trafficking, analyzing, and optimizing.
- A successful track record in managing direct response campaigns within marketing media platforms, with specific experience on online video (Youtube) & programmatic display buying.
- Experience building and leading diverse, geographically dispersed teams who have had demonstrable impact. Strong stakeholder management skills required.
- A strong understanding of marketing algorithms & attribution models. You have the ability to effectively optimize campaigns to business KPIs at scale.
- A strong understanding of media terminology, media math, and reach and frequency calculations.
- Ability to analyze raw data and develop actionable insights related to marketing activity. You have experience with marketing experiments including but not limited to a/b tests, incrementality tests & search lift.
- Ability and willingness to exercise a data-over-intuition mindset and be able to extract actionable insights across multiple reporting sources.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and have the ability to navigate through ambiguity and work with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think strategically and make long-term impactful changes to meet strategic goals.
- You are a self-starter and have a can-do attitude; no task will be too small or big for you.
- Oversee the day to day planning, execution and ongoing optimization of Shopify’s programmatic media program including but not limited to programmatic display, native, online video and audio.
- Scale & manage the display & video community of practice worldwide.
- Develop strategies, manage campaigns & actively drive customer growth utilizing video & display tactics.
- Collaborate and align with a group of the industry's top performance marketers across all paid media channels (digital and traditional).
- Collaborate with and advise 3rd party strategic media partners globally on campaign goals, delivery requirements, key dates and desired outcomes.
- Develop a deep understanding of marketing opportunities across our priority regions.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (search & social) to drive growth for the organization .
- Leverage internal analytics platforms such as CDP’s, DMP’s and Google Analytics to analyze program delivery and assess market opportunities for scale/performance
- Work closely with other growth teams to formulate hypotheses and execute on experiments in the marketing funnel that will drive exponential growth for Shopify.
Nice to have
- SQL skills are good to have but not a must.
- Experience with enterprise analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics 360 etc.
- Experience with photoshop or other creative software
- Experience running media in APAC regions
- Proficient in either Japanese, Mandarin, or Cantonese
The posting will expires on the 30th of November.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.