About the role
The team that you’d be joining is working at the forefront of an incredibly exciting and complex Shopify product. These are the folks who plan the future capabilities of SFN, especially inventory allocation/placement, warehousing capacity, network design and packaging requirements to increase speed of delivery and drive down cost.
The focus right now is on optimizing our shipping efficiencies with the right packaging assortment, while scoping future growth areas such as green shipping materials. We are a high growth business with multiple warehouses in two countries serving a market opportunity of 1M+ merchants in over 175 countries. NOW is the chance to get in on the ground floor and help us design for scale. We need someone with strong analytical skills and a supply chain background to help us design the future of the network. Please come work with us if you love big open-ended problems, a focus on strategy and long term planning, and working with LOTS of data!
To give you a sense of what you’ll be working on, here’s a peek of some of our key priorities:
- Materials Planning: Manage our packaging materials replenishment and stock levels on a routine basis for all our warehouse partners, routinely assess our box assortment and make recommendations driven by solid cost analysis.
- Process Optimization: We need a strong builder who can come in and create our materials processes from the ground up, with a focus on packaging optimization.
- Customization and future expansion: Merchant-specific box optimization, integration of materials planning in our warehouse processes, integrating sustainable practices and green packaging.
- Data and analytical skills: Strong Excel skills, SQL/Python an asset (or ability to learn quickly!)
- Supply chain background, bonus for inventory and/or materials planning experience
- Strong problem solver who loves to jump into ambiguous and open-ended problems.
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE KEEP READING!!
OK, are you excited to apply? Awesome. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you want to address a message to the hiring team, please address it to Paul.
Also, we really want you to answer the following question.
Have you done this sort of work before?
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This application will close at 12.01am on Saturday, April 17.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Learning Specialist - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Business Operations||Canada|
|Continuous Improvement Specialist||Business Operations||Canada|
|Program Quality Analyst||Business Operations||Canada|
|Senior Product Operations Manager||Business Operations||Americas|
|Knowledge Management Lead, Shopify Fulfillment Network||Business Operations||Americas|