About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
First, let's get you up to speed. Last year, Shopify launched the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN). We followed that up by acquiring 6 River Systems, a leader in warehouse robotics. We’re early in our mission to democratize fulfillment, but it’s one we take very seriously. And we can’t carry out this mission without putting our merchants front and centre, and so, with a recent growth spurt, we think now is the perfect time to add to our team of Merchant Experience Coordinators. Want to know more? Here’s some quick answers to the top four questions we think many people will have.
Q: What does this role do?
A: This role provides frontline merchant service and support. You’ll be helping merchants via phone, email and a ticketing system. You’ll be interacting with other Shopify teams, including account managers, operations managers and developers. It’s a role that requires exceptional problem solving skills, massive amounts of empathy, and a dedication to providing a super-high level of customer service.
Q: What are the must haves for the role?
A: If you had customer service experience in distribution/ fulfillment and/or warehousing, that would be fantastic. We’ll be prioritizing candidates who have this experience.
Q: Wait, if I don’t have that exact experience, should I apply?
A: That’s up to you - you might have some really great experience that would translate well. If that’s the case, let us know in your cover letter. But to be honest, we’re expecting the person we hire to have fulfillment/warehousing experience so they can get up to speed on SFN super-quickly.
Q: Where is the role located?
A: All of Shopify is now Digital by Default, so you could be just about anywhere. Saying that though, SFN currently only serves North American merchants - so our preference is that you are already working in a North American time zone.
Here’s some more detail about what you’ll be doing:
- Solving and triaging merchant issues that come in. Which ones are the most critical? Which ones can wait? Which ones can you solve? Which ones do you have to escalate?
- Work as a unified team with account managers by letting them know what you’re hearing. You’re the front line support and you’ll need to develop a strong feedback loop to get the right information to where it belongs.
- Helping merchants and their teams trust Shopify and our teams.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc feedback for merchants on the status of their inventory.
- Document all the great things you do -and the mistakes you make - so others can learn from what you’ve done.
- Assisting in developing and delivering Special Projects to merchants - things that might be a little out of the ordinary.
And here’s the experience we’d like you to bring to us:
- Customer Service experience in the distribution/fulfillment and/or warehousing industries.
- Empathy for the customers you’ve worked with.
- A sense of urgency. It’s in your nature to get shit done….efficiently and quickly.
- Experience with using helpdesk ticketing systems (we use Zendesk.)
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written
- A precise attention to detail
- An ability to work in North American time zones.
- A sense of humour!
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close Friday, June 26 at noon ET
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 2-3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Operations Manager - Shopify Fulfillment Network (Memphis, TN)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|
|Operations Manager - Shopify Fulfillment Network (St Louis)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|