Merchant Success Manager - Shopify Plus (Ontario)
Remote in Ontario, or Waterloo
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like RedBull, GE, Boll and Branch, P&G, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Your role as a Merchant Success Manager is to help high-growth, high-volume merchants be successful. You’ll do this through developing strong relationships with your merchants, and helping them with long-term solutions to their biggest roadblocks. Ultimately, you’re here to understand their goals, and advise them on the best way to achieve those goals. You’ll provide merchants with guidance on best ecommerce practices, knowledge of industry trends, API support, ERP integration assistance, advice on social commerce strategies, insight into analytics and SEO, conduct site audits, and much more. You’re their partner in commerce, and will truly help them grow their business.
This role is available as a remote position in Ontario, Canada, or in-office at our Waterloo location (57 Erb St W, Waterloo, ON). This posting will close on December 8, 2017 at 9 am EST and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Customer success, client management, or relevant industry experience. You should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- A passion for commerce. Maybe you’ve built a store for a friend, or run your own business.
- A deep understanding of the Shopify platform. You’ll need to know Shopify inside and out.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders. Relationship management is your secret weapon.
- Understanding of ecommerce best practices. You'll be their main point of contact for all big-picture support.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Experience running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing, Google Adwords, Facebook ads, and conversion marketing techniques
YOU'LL GET TO DO THINGS LIKE:
- Create strong relationships with our merchants
- Recommend ways to best utilize the Shopify platform
- Match merchants with top Shopify Partners to assist with custom design and development projects
- Point out areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features
- Triage technical issues to Shopify’s escalated Support teams
- Work with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of industry trends
- Elevate the overall merchant experience
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
- Since we like to do things a little differently at Shopify, we would like you to build a free trial store as part of your application. By building a store on Shopify and showing us what you can do with it, you get to see first hand what it is like to use our platform. Be creative, have fun and please include a link to your trial store in your application. We want to see something that shows us why you want to join us in our mission to make commerce better for everyone.
Here are some ideas of things we'd like to see in your store:
- Download a free theme and spruce it up to make it your own.
- Add products and sort them into Collections.
- Tell us a bit about yourself on an “About Us” page.
- Write a blog post sharing why you are passionate about ecommerce and what excites you most about the future of this industry.
- Create a page and embed the funniest video you’ve seen lately.
- Install an app into your store i.e. product reviews, a twitter feed, etc.
- Link your social media accounts to your store.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. If you really want to stand out, sign up for a free trial of Shopify and build a store. Share the link with us so we can take a look!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Plus Merchant Success jobs are posted.