Senior Merchant Success Manager - German speaker
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
Our Merchant Success team acts as strategic advisors for all our high-growth, high-volume Shopify merchants. As a Merchant Success Manager, you are so much more than a traditional Account Manager. It will be essential that you are passionate about the success of our merchants, and that you leverage your role to help our merchants meet their goals. You will do this through developing strong relationships with your merchants, and providing them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward. You will be responsible for determining the optimal Shopify products for your merchants based on their unique needs. Collaborating closely with colleagues from our Cross-Sell team, you'll ensure the effective adoption of these solutions, further empowering merchants to grow and advance their businesses. With a focus on performance, you'll also be expected to consistently work towards and meet quarterly targets, demonstrating your commitment to achieving both personal and organizational goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as cross-functional leader across Shopify – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience.
- Coach merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features; recommending ways to best utilise Shopify’s solutions.
- Build relationships and be the Trusted Advisor focussing on growing and retaining merchants.
- Connect merchants with top Shopify Partners for custom design and development projects.
- Partner with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of industry trends.
- Proven experience in SaaS account management.
- Experience in eCommerce (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention); it is a complex ecosystem with many moving parts, and you need to communicate how they fit together.
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with wide range of personalities, levels, and role capacities.
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- Experience or training in digital marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results.
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software
- Experience in meeting targets all the while being merchant focussed.
- Proven ability to analyse complex situations and drive goals & action plans to lead merchants to achieve their key objectives.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record and experience working cross-functionally between sales, engineering, and support teams.
- Experience in Challenger Selling or other sales methodologies.
- Fluent English and German.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.