Mobile Developer, Shopify Plus
We know that more than 50% of web traffic is now coming from mobile, so our team is shaping the future of multi-channel commerce from a mobile-first perspective. Our Shopify mobile teams are working with world-class UX, design, and engineering teams to build and define the future of commerce. We are looking for senior level Android and iOS developers who are passionate about mobile at large. If you care about the best user experience, low crash counts and responsive applications, this is the team for you! We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best retail experience for companies and their customers, the best SDKs for developers, and the best overall mobile experience for our merchants.
Projects we work on:
- Conversational commerce is here. We built Shopkey, an iOS keyboard, to make it simpler for merchants to share products with customers using messaging apps
- We created iOS and Android Buy SDKs that gives developers the tools they need to build a mobile app using native checkout processes like Apple Pay and Android Pay
- We’ve worked with merchants to build native mobile apps that accompany their Shopify stores (the Stockroom app is an example of this)
- Our mobile Garage team (the team responsible for our flash sale app, Frenzy) built QuickFit and Wake Alarm
- We’re contributing to the newly rebuilt Shopify mobile app
- We’ve got lots of other products in development but you’ll have to join our team to find out more!
Skills you have:
- A genuine enthusiasm for Android or iOS development
- Many years of experience building strong collaboration skills - we work in a multi-disciplinary teams with Designers, PMs, and UX Researchers all contributing
- You’ve shipped mobile apps previously
- Interest in recent mobile development trends and libraries, e.g. Kotlin, RxJava, Firebase, Dagger
- Ability to build and debug apps with Android Studio or Xcode
- Experience with unit testing/automated testing/continuous integration
- Previous work with GraphQL, REST server communication & open source libraries, e.g. OkHttp, EventBus, Gson would be an asset
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of mobile at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying! We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.