Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans on slowing down. This requires a strong internal network infrastructure across our offices to make sure that everyone is connected to the services they need. We’re looking for someone to maintain our internal network infrastructure and to enhance our ability to prevent, detect, and respond to network performance issues.
You'll have to be:
- Unafraid of operating in a high-stakes environment
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Solid knowledge of network protocols, services, standards, and their functionality
- Curious, proactive, and passionate about exploring the latest tech
It'd be great if you had experience with:
- Working in both an operations and networking environment
- OSX-based systems in a large scale network
- Solid knowledge related to maintaining Linux systems, Virtualization, VPN, Wireless, and Network Infrastructure (Juniper, pfSense)
You'll be working on things like:
- User support, network troubleshooting and related issues
- Assisting the team with a ticketing system and project tracking tools
- Helping maintain our internal security systems
- Collaborating on projects to improve and enhance our networks
Some cool projects you'll get to work on:
- Monitoring infrastructure using open source tools like nagios, icinga, etc
- Creating dashboards and graphing data collected from network devices
- Learning and collaborating on automation projects using tools like ansible and chef
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Sam Ribas, our Network Lead.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Internal Operations jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.