About the role
We’re looking for an Office Manager to join our Shopify team in Berlin. You will be integral in maintaining the culture and operations of this office. You’ll be learning new things and tackling new projects each day. You must be able to thrive in an ever-changing and sometimes chaotic environment and enjoy having a lot of variance in your work. Going from catering and serving lunches to gathering and negotiating quotes from vendors, all the while getting requests from team members on how to improve the office space in-person and via Slack. There’s no doubt that in this role, you’ll need to excel at organization, have strong problem solving abilities, and care deeply about solving people-centric problems.
Your main role will be working closely with and supporting the team in Berlin. You’ll be the on-the-ground support for the team and will work closely with your counterparts in other offices around the world. A curiosity for how things work and the ability to develop high-trust relationships would go a long way.
This office is growing - your role and tasks will expand and change as this team evolves and grows. This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly! You up for it?
- You thrive on interacting with people and understanding their needs in order to continuously improve the office environment for increased productivity
- You have superb organizational skills and an attention to detail
- You function well with high levels of autonomy; you will be required to take initiative and action items with little direction
- You have the ability to confidently engage with new people
- You have excellent communication skills and you find it easy to talk to people in person, over email, and on the phone
- You can multi-task and adapt to new situations
- You have confidence starting and taking over projects that you haven’t necessarily had experience with before
- You have experience building up office culture through relationship building and creative problem solving
- You can liaise with many different external and internal stakeholders and team members, including people who work in other offices, people in leadership roles, vendors, and more
- You’re comfortable working in a tech-centric environment
- You’re fluent in English and German
Nice to have:
- Experience improving efficiency and productivity in an office
- Event planning and logistics
- Experience using Mac, Google Suite, and managing tech and IT support in an office environment
Projects you could work on:
- Day-to-day office operations: ordering supplies of all kinds, outgoing and incoming mail and invoices, managing office equipment, like printers, laptops, jamboards, and even coffee machines
- Enhancing the office experience: producing newsletters, organizing workshops and events, new employee onboarding logistics, office-wide communications
- Our Shopify-wide travel program
- Health and safety for our office
- Educating yourself and becoming the go-to person for answering questions about who does what at Shopify
About what we can offer you:
- As a part of a 3000+ person company, we have the opportunity to make a big impact on our market
- We’re international, with other offices in Stockholm, Vilnius, Canada, and the USA, so there may be travel opportunities
- Work in a dynamic environment where new challenges and opportunities occur regularly
- Partner with an experienced, smart, and friendly team - you’ll always have people to bounce ideas off of
- Freedom to make your own decisions
- Work with the latest technology tools, including a new Macbook
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Juste is looking forward to reading your application!
Closing Date: August 12th at 9am CEST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.