On Site SEO Content Writer
We’re looking to hire a knowledgeable and resourceful SEO Content Writer to join our Marketing team to help us accelerate our growth. You will be committed to learning and soaking up everything on-page SEO-related. You will analyze, test different SEO theories, develop growth strategies, and run SEO initiatives to drive traffic to Shopify.
You'll need to have:
- A Deep understanding of keyword difficulty and relevance, as well as internal link strategy
- Extensive experience with software for data, tracking, and analytics, including SEMRush and/or Moz Pro, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Planner, advanced Excel/Sheets, etc
- Writing experience and proven ability to write about ecommerce and digital marketing topics
- An editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- A keen interest in the tech startup space
- Knowledge of measuring and tracking campaigns
- A readiness to move the needle, and to dive deep into tackling SEO
- Project management skills and the ability to be detail oriented
- The ability to build relationships with teams across the organization
You'll get to do things like:
- Audit content SEO performance and refresh existing content for articles
- Write SEO optimized copy for new landing pages
- Write guest posts on 3rd party websites
- Create new opportunities for SEO
- Brainstorm new SEO initiatives and drive their execution
- Work in teams in a tight-knit, fast startup environment
- Run experiments and test theories
- Conduct on-page analysis to ensure that different landing pages on are optimized
- Consult and provide recommendations to an array of different teams
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Vytautas. This role will be posted until August 11th and candidates will be contacted between August 14th - 18th.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.