About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone and spread entrepreneurship across the world. One of the ways we’re doing that is by developing world-class video-based education experiences for entrepreneurs. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for someone to join our Growth team to take editorial and strategic ownership of the video-based education as it relates to Shopify’s ever-evolving product. In this role, you’ll be developing online courses for entrepreneurs, from ecommerce marketing strategy to opening your first pop-up to hiring your tenth employee. The online learning experience you produce will be guiding current and future independent business owners and the ecommerce empires they’re striving to create.
You’ll be working on:
- Identifying new course opportunities and applying creative teaching methodologies
- Developing a systematic approach to course and lesson development
- Establishing partnerships with subject matter experts and course instructors
- Guiding creative partners, both internal and external, in the creation of online courses
- Developing course marketing strategies to increase enrolment and participation across Shopify’s audience
- Analyzing the business impact of the online learning you produce
You'll need to bring:
- A proven track record of building and growing digital media properties
- At least 3 years of editorial experience, managing and setting editorial calendars, as well as managing a team of contributors, both in-house and remote.
- An understanding of effective online learning course design as well as adult learning principles
- A passion for building big ideas, running with them and challenging the status quo
- Ultimately, you’re a self-starter, someone who gets things done, and is ready to make a big impact
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Closing Date: February 24th, 2020 at 9am EST.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.