About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Like the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), a dispersed network of fulfillment centres, powered by machine learning that predicts the closest fulfillment centre and optimises inventory quantities to ensure fast, low cost delivery. Basically, we’re democratizing fulfillment for our merchants. And to be really successful at that big, hairy goal, we need to find an Operations Manager in Memphis to join the team. If you’ve run a 3PL or warehousing facility from an Operations standpoint, know how to spot inefficiencies a mile away and can use your interpersonal skills to get shit done and improve the way things are run, we want to hear from you.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
Ultimately, you’re Shopify’s eyes and ears in our Memphis partner facility, which means you’ll have three main areas of interest:
- Merchants: Be merchant-obsessed and keep them ecstatic about SFN by understanding their shipping/fulfillment goals and then translating that to the Memphis facility during the onboarding process. We have facilities all over the country, so you’ll be part of a team of FSMs who are dedicated to helping merchants of all sizes tackle the black box of fulfillment.
- The Memphis facility: make it better. You’ll use your past experience to identify how this facility can do things differently and better. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to do that in a way that makes the team there excited to be part of the journey.
- Shopify: drive positive change. You’re on the ground in Memphis. Our development teams are in Canada. Your job here is to influence change on a network-level. How can we develop a better product in Canada for everyone, based on what you’re seeing in Memphis.
You'll need to have;
- Customer success, client management, or relevant industry experience. You should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- Experience in a senior operations-type role within a 3PL or Warehouse facility
- Experience in various warehouse functions (i.e. inbound, outbound, returns, VAS, etc)
- Data driven approach to managing operations performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a relentless attention to detail
- A passion for commerce. Maybe you’ve built a store for a friend, or run your own business.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders. Relationship management is your secret weapon.
- Understanding of ecommerce best practices. You'll be the merchant's main point of contact for all big-picture support.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together.
It would be great if you also had:
- A deep understanding of the Shopify platform.
- Experience running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Exposure to fulfillment industry best practices (Barcoding, EDI, system integrations, etc.)
You’ll get to do things like:
- Create strong relationships with our merchants and facility owners
- Onboard them into the Shopify Fulfillment Network and hold their hand through this process
- Point out areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features
- Triage technical issues to Shopify’s escalated Support teams
- Work with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchant and facility needs and requests
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of industry trends
- Elevate the overall merchant experience
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close July 6 at noon EST. You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Merchant Experience Coordinator -Shopify Fulfillment Network||Sales and Account Management||Americas|
|Operations Manager - Shopify Fulfillment Network (St Louis)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|