About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
We're looking for a Ottawa-based Operations Specialist to join the global shipping & fulfillment platform team. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Over the past 4+ years, our team has already vastly improved shipping for our merchants, achieving over 50% adoption and with your help, we will continue to be able to continue to grow based on great business impact analysis and ongoing price optimization.
The Shopify Shipping Operations team sits in the centre of the organization, linking together all the different functional groups, both strategically and operationally. Using a combination of strong business acumen and analytical skills, you will act as one of the primary sources of context for the team to drive Shopify Shipping strategic decision making, support our aggressive growth, and improve customer satisfaction and adoption in new markets.
If you have this sort of professional background, you're the sort of person we're looking for.
- Professional experience in finance, strategic planning, and operations.
- Experience driving business strategy through business case development.
- Experience surfacing business insights to better optimize the business, including defining and measuring KPIs and analyzing growth, adoption, margins etc.
- Experience preparing financial projections & presenting your findings and recommendations.
- Experience in project management, including success running one-off special projects.
- Experience with a growth company or a growth business within a non-growth company.
- Experience working within management consulting, private equity or investment banking.
If you have this sort of SPECIFIC experience, we definitely want to hear from you;
- Pricing experience (eg: sensitivity analysis).
- Experience working in the shipping, transportation and/or fulfillment industries.
- Experience using Shopify or any ‘like’ eCommerce platforms is a plus.
- SQL query writing.
- Advanced financial analysis.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Building out a dynamic pricing model so that merchants get the best possible shipping price
- Helping to set our Go-to-Market pricing strategy
- Owning the reporting and analysis of business metrics and driving for results with the use and prioritization of this data (eg. exec reporting, QBR’s, project management at the team level).
- Market research: what are our competitors doing? What can we do better?
- Working with our commercial team to support negotiations with shipping partners.
- Playing a key role in the development and implementation of our sustainability strategy.
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you! Please note, this position is based in Ottawa.
This posting will close May 29 at 2 pm EST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.