About the role
In this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Like the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), a network of fulfillment centres that will provide fast, affordable shipping for our merchants and their customers. And that team needs help in St Louis.
OK, so what’s an Operations Support Specialist do? It's actually pretty simple. Our merchants can't be at our St Louis facility in person, so you're going to be their trouble shooter and their eyes and ears on the ground. You'll use your awesome customer success skills and your deep knowledge of warehousing operations to make sure our merchants and the St Louis facility work well together.
Want more? OK, the person that gets this role will be working closely with merchant experience teams, operations managers, and program managers. This person will be bridging the gap between Shopify, the merchant and the St Louis facility. You’re like a fulfillment centre translator :)
OK, let’s get specific. Here’s what you’ll be responsible for:
- Own implementation of processes and tooling to enable St Louis to better integrate with Shopify internal systems (e.g. getting Zendesk operational between Shopify and St Louis)
- Be the subject matter expert within the Operations team when it comes to how the team will interact with the warehouse management system in use in St Louis.
- Act as a bridge between St Louis and the support team to ensure the timely resolution of any issues
- Help create processes/workflows that provide consistency across SFN
- Deploy new workflows to St Louis to ensure the right information is flowing and creating documentation to support these workflows.
- Training St Louis team members in Shopify processes.
Sound cool? Here's what we'd be expecting you to have:
- You are already in the St Louis area, or open to relocation
- You've worked with customer service software like osTickets or Zendesk before.
- You've worked with WMS software before. This one's critical.
- An ability to create order from chaos.
- An ability to document knowledge and then share that in a meaningful way.
- Experience working in warehousing operations, logistics and/or supply chain
- A desire to make things work better
- A love of feedback! Both in terms of giving and receiving.
That’s it! We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please address your cover letter to Greg.
This posting will close on Friday, November 27 at Noon ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community today by visiting www.talent-community.myshopify.com