About the role
The Shopify China team is starting out, and we’re looking for a partner manager to join our founding team. This is an exciting opportunity to help implement our partnership strategies in China and promote Shopify’s presence in the market.
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with talented, global team members. We've redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes around the world sell their products and services online and offline. We continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop and maintain our partnership for China, and promote Shopify’s presence in the current ecosystem.
- Develop and manage our partners for China and provides them the resources they need to help Shopify merchants grow their businesses.
- Lead marketing and business development initiatives with partners to increase the awareness of Shopify, and helps us venture into new business opportunities.
- Align with our partners to understand merchant challenges and localization needs and collaborate with our product and R&D teams to make Shopify better for merchants and partners for China.
Requirements for the role:
- Hustle and an experimental nature.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be proactive and self-motivated.
- You embrace ambiguity and are open-minded.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with making data-informed decisions
- Strong communication skills in Chinese and English (both written and oral)
- Adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment.
- Eligible to work in China.
- Strong understanding of the Chinese e-commerce ecosystems for import, export and domestic (e.g. payments, logistics, technologies).
- Entrepreneurial mindset. If you’ve started a business of your own before that would be great.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please submit your CV both in Chinese and English, we are looking forward to reading your application!