About the role
Shopify is Making Commerce Better for Everyone Everywhere and we need your help in Germany. We are looking for someone to join our team with the aim of growing Shopify’s in-market presence for our growing partnership program in Germany.
You will need to be product-minded, and have strong business development skills to grow our partner ecosystem of agencies, web designers, developers, consultants, app developers and marketers. Shopify's partners play a vital role in enabling our merchants to be successful.
As of today, Shopify has over 800,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us Make Commerce Better for Everyone in Germany.
What you’ll be working on:
- Executing on a Business Development strategy for Germany focused on partners.
- Building relationships with our top existing partners and giving them the tools they need to help Shopify merchants grow their businesses.
- Generating new partner leads through top of funnel marketing initiatives to increase awareness of the Shopify partner program.
- On-boarding new partners.
- Aligning with our top partners to understand merchant challenges, localization needs and sharing this feedback with our product teams.
- Coordinating and hosting merchant and partner centric meetups.
- Working with Shopify’s local and global ecosystem partners that generate value for our merchants in Germany.
- Developing our resource center for our German partners with localized content (e.g. through webinars, our partner blog)
Requirements for the role:
- Hustle, and lots of it!
- Understanding of the Germany e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agency).
- Experience in business development, partner management, sales, channel partnerships, either in an agency or product company.
- Comfortable with analytics and making data informed decisions.
- Strong communication skills in German and preferably English as well (both written and oral).
- Adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment.
- Being curious and learning from our current team, constantly developing your skills and knowledge.
- Be proficient in German and English.
- Entrepreneurial mind; if you’ve started a business of your own before that would be great!
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application!
Closing Date: Friday, September 27th at 9am CEST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.