About the role
It’s an exciting time in commerce. Shopify Plus has a unique opportunity to disrupt the enterprise commerce space and agencies today are already proving this to be possible. As a Partner Manager Lead you and your team will be responsible for defining, developing, and managing relationships across a portfolio of solutions and agency partners in EMEA, with the UK as the primary focus.
You will be critical to supporting our agency and solutions partners — they are an integral part of the Shopify Plus Partner Program and your team will be the driving force behind each partner’s success in the program. You’ll lead regional strategic planning, cross-department initiatives, as well as external and internal enablement opportunities.
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years working within eCommerce in EMEA
- Proven experience in operationalizing an effective partnership program (from a business, financial, and strategic perspective)
- Previous experience working for a service provider within the eCommerce space (preferably an agency)
- Established relationships within the UK region with commerce agencies, technology providers, and other potential businesses that compliment the commerce lifecycle (ex: fulfillment center, branding shops, etc)
- Experience in running a well utilized team from a remote location
- Experience working across multiple business units, comprised of many stakeholders and influencing factors
- An understanding of all aspects of an agency’s day to day operations (ex. Employee resourcing, selling, marketing, service development)
- The ability to deliver on the tactical/admin side of the role (ex. data management, pitch development, project management)
You'll work on things like:
- Regional Strategic Planning (15% of time)
- Outlining a strategic roadmap for both the core and secondary markets within your territory, working closely with other influencing business units
- Defining and adopting both a mission and an operational plan for agency partnerships, specific to each region within the EMEA territory
- Ensuring the core market (UK) continues to prosper (the today) while working in collaboration with the business to define and activate future plans for the EMEA region (the tomorrow)
- Surfacing opportunities for regional growth and enablement opportunities through qualitative and quantitative research
- Program and Business Development (25% of time)
- Working with other regions and head office on over-arching projects and deliverables that cater to the global partnership program
- Pitching and closing multiple types of partnerships, at all scales
- EMEA Leadership (15% of time)
- Collaborating with other business leads within the EMEA team
- Cross department collaboration with other business units within the Shopify organization
- Team Leadership (30% of time)
- Managing and mentoring a small but mighty team in London
- Effectively utilizing resources for optimal output
- Day-to-Day Support (15% of time)
- Support on issue resolution or general inquiries on behalf of the partners
- Support vetting and on-boarding of new partnership types
- Manage select strategic partnerships as primary day-day contact
This posting closes on July 19th at 5PM BST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.