Partner Marketing Lead - Partner Acquisition
- Marketing and Growth
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
It’s an exciting time in commerce - and for the Shopify Partner Program. After announcing a multi-year commitment to transform our Partner program earlier this year, we are looking for a Partner Marketing Lead to join the team and build the playbook for recruiting new partners (and partner types) into our program.
This (new) role will require you to think holistically about the Shopify partner program, its benefits, and how we can help accelerate the growth of our ecosystem of prospective Partners by working together. The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in the creation of demand generation assets and campaigns, working closely with sales to identify prospects and build full-funnel marketing programs that drive business results.
This role will require you to work across regions and cross-functionally exceptionally well - bringing your deep marketing craft experience to the table and working with a newly formed arm of the partnerships organization.
- Build and execute a playbook of partner recruitment marketing campaigns - including the creation of net-new acquisition marketing assets and distribution of those to hit partner acquisition targets
- Create, manage, and optimize key to-partner communication channels for partner recruitment purposes, including the partner website, newsletter, portal, webinars and social media
- Build out the rules of engagement and internal process for global partner recruitment campaigns (and localization/adaptation in region)
- Work closely with Partner Sales team to move partner prospects through the funnel and activate partners to successful commercial outcomes
- Conduct research and data analysis to build strategic, targeted partner acquisition campaigns and report back on performance
- Work cross functionally with Partnerships, Sales, Product and Product Marketing teams to drive shared commercial objectives around Partner Recruitment
- Produce and deliver presentations to internal and partner audiences
- Proven track record in B2B marketing, preferably with partner, channel or e-commerce ecosystems and with a history of leading demand generation campaigns
- Experience producing successful demand generation and integrated marketing campaigns to reach commercial targets
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders with different opinions to a common outcome
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills )
- Excellent communication and organizational skills while being able to stay focused on the big picture and pay attention to details
- Proven ability to lead and execute on projects that involve alignment and collaboration across disciplines and crafts
- Experience informing and influencing commercial business, and product marketing strategy
- A resourceful attitude that can proactively seek out information to influence action
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty, resolve ambiguity and think quickly on your feet
- Experience working with a global company and are excellent at executing across time zones and cultures
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering