Partner Operations Manager - Channel Incentives
- Business Development
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
About the role
Shopify Partners play a critical role in Shopify’s mission to make commerce better for everyone. Since the inception of the Shopify Partner Program over a decade ago, Shopify’s partner network has become the largest commerce ecosystem in the world and a powerful community helping merchants grow faster.
As Shopify enters its next era of growth and moves further into the enterprise, we are launching the first phase of a multi-year engagement to re-design and enhance Shopify’s partner program offerings. To make it easier for every partner to build their business with Shopify, these enhancements will focus on three areas: exceptional rewards, skills building, and a simplified, engaging partner experience.
As part of our mission to provide exceptional rewards for our partners, we also need to be deliberate and organized in how we build successful partner channels at scale. As a Channel Incentives Program Manager, you will help operationalize Shopify's Partner Program offerings, and support the ongoing management of its new incentives, as well as other key parts of the partner journey.
- Monitoring market trends and evaluating competitor partner programs to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for growth
- Consulting with global marketing managers, finance, executives, and sales, to help identify, design, and implement the business processes necessary to implement a successful set of Shopify channel partner incentives
- Working across disciplines (product, sales, data, marketing) to create unified program operations that will help our partners and go-to-market teams be more successful
- Identifying infrastructure requirements to support the business when introducing new program incentives and goals
- Documenting policies and processes to support all aspects of the program to enable global execution
- Collecting and managing feedback from Shopify Partners into the ongoing roadmap for the Shopify Partner Program
- Contributing to the overall Shopify partner experience, including infrastructures changes to the partner portal
- Managing and measuring the results of new partner incentives, and then iterating to improve
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience operationalizing referral/reseller partner programs, and implementing successful change with global business processes
- Practical go-to-market experience with a deep understanding of the experiences had with typical users of PRM tools
- Experience establishing and executing repeatable processes at scale (i.e driving automation or standardization)
- Proven ability to lead and execute on projects that involve alignment and collaboration across disciplines and crafts
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities across executive and organizational teams
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements and make evidence-based recommendations
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
You can expect to hear back from us within approximately 2 weeks after submitting your application.
This posting will by taken down on June 9th 2023
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering