About the role
In 2020 Shopify introduced Shop, its first flagship consumer product. 🎉 🥳 The Shop platform offers buyers multiple benefits like fast and efficient checkouts with Shop Pay and seamless, real-time updates on your order’s journey, from checkout to doorstep. 📦 🚚 Shop is also the first mobile app that keeps you up to date on shopper's favorite merchants, giving updates on new product launches and timely deals. ⏰ We’ve even built in a way for buyers to see how their purchases made with Shop Pay will offset delivery emissions via carbon neutral product shipping. 🌲
The Shop app is already in the top 5 list in the U.S. shopping category. Strategic Partnerships are core to Shop's inherent product philosophy. 🤜🏽 Partnerships that make the platform a more effective loyalty tool to sellers, a more engaging and delightful experience for buyers, and a fast-growing business for Shopify. 📈 By evaluating, executing, and managing the right strategic opportunities, our team ensures our product is able to pursue key revenue and growth opportunities. To make all that happen, we're looking for a Partnership Manager, reporting to our Senior Commercial Lead.
This is what you'll be responsible for:
- Supporting the strategic objectives and interests of Shop on a global scale and furthering these objectives through partnerships that support and grow our Order Management capabilities
- Contributing to growing partnerships over time by nurturing long-term relationships, fostering a deep understanding of partners’ objectives and values, and being laser-focused on KPIs
- Tracking and delivering qualitative and data-driven analysis of partner performance and conducting externally facing quarterly business reviews with your portfolio partners
- Working with partners to ideate on or explore product integrations and develop new business models or capabilities, securing buy-in from cross-functional stakeholders and leadership, internally and externally
- Negotiating and executing deals with strategic partners both locally and globally, while collaborating with cross-functional teams within Shopify, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Support, Legal, and Finance
This is what we'd be expecting you to have:
- Experience building and implementing partnerships in the logistics, shipping, or fulfillment industries
- Navigating and negotiating contracts in a complex and dynamic environment
- Proven experience in collaborating with a range of internal stakeholders, including executives, marketing, product, engineering, and design leaders
- Self-direction, you thrive on change and prioritize effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, you are comfortable drafting documents internally and externally and speaking about your work
And if you had this as well, we'd really like to see you apply:
- You understand product integrations, APIs, and the development and execution of strategic roadmaps
- You have experience in business development and building growth strategies
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Greg is looking forward to reading your application and if you send a cover letter, please address it to him. This posting will close on Friday, December 4 at noon ET.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Commercial Partnerships Lead - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Partnerships and Business Development||Americas|