Payments Integrity Manager
To maintain our sterling reputation for delivering world-class online commerce, we are looking to add a Payments Integrity Manager to our Legal team. Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at a retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, and Shopify POS to power retail sales. We currently power over 300,000 merchants in 150 different countries.
If you live and breathe regulatory compliance, are passionate about payment processing, and enjoy gaining a deep understanding of business operations, consider joining us in making commerce better.
Some things you'll be doing:
- Designing and implementing Shopify’s CDD (Customer Due Diligence) and EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence) programs to meet regional requirements
- Designing, implementing and administering compliance AML/ ATF policies and procedures
- Working with management in the development and enhancement of payment and lending products to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and coordinating the development and maintenance of supporting policies, procedures, agreements and contracts
- Maintaining strong awareness of major regulatory changes affecting Shopify Payments/Capital in order to proactively address business impacts in a dynamic environment
- Liaising with card schemes, acquiring banks, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, auditors and payment service providers
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years subject-matter expertise in payment processing
- Compliance or legal regulatory reporting experience, whether as a seasoned compliance officer or legal professional
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance, FINTRAC and FINCEN regulations and requirements
- Exceptional business judgement, relationship-building skills and creativity
- Feverish enthusiasm about gaining a deep understanding of Shopify’s payments and business operations
It'd be great if you have:
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- A solid understanding of card scheme and payment processing compliance
- Experience in implementing and evaluating payment processes and best practice measures to ensure regulatory compliance
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Monica.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Legal jobs are posted.