About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 800,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
We’re looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team here in Ottawa! As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we’re looking to add an experienced Payroll Manager to help lead the charge and support our ever growing payroll needs.
There are a few things you will need that will help you hit the ground running in this role.
- Management or supervisory experience (you’ve led a payroll team or supervised their work)
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation and processes
- We’re truly global so some experience with international payroll would be a definite asset
- Experience using Workday and NetSuite or similar systems
- Proven experience using Excel at an advanced level (you love Excel!)
- A passion for problem solving, and an eye for the details
Some of what will keep you busy:
- Managing and supporting a high performing team (1 Canadian + 12 international payrolls)
- International Payroll implementations - we truly are a global company!
- Supporting domestic and international payroll audits
- Shadow payrolls for International Assignments and Business Travellers
- Month-end close and reconciliation
- Continuous systems improvement
- Keeping yourself current with new legislation and developments in payroll
If this opportunity excites you, we hope that you will consider applying and tell us why you think this role is meant for you. Please submit a cover letter (addressed to Maja) and a resume outlining your experience. We look forward to getting to know you.
Please note that this posting will close on July 12, 2019 at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.