People Accelerator - Sales
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple for our high-growth, high-volume merchants by giving them the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus helps power commerce for companies like, RedBull, GE, Herschel, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen.
Our Sales team is unlike any other. We don’t hire cookie cutter sales people and we don’t sell like anyone else. Disrupting the commerce space won't happen overnight - this is where you come in. As a strategic partner of our Sales team, Sales Enablement equips the Sales team with the right training, tools and resources allowing them to drive more merchant value & revenue, faster. Our people are our most valuable asset; it’s critical we have knowledgeable, customer-centric, high performance sales people to continually achieve our lofty goals. The People Accelerator for Sales is responsible for ensuring those who join our Sales team receive everything they need to be successful. This person will also be part of building our capabilities and team to make them world-class.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the sales process, excellent communications, training and project management skills and previous sales enablement experience, preferably in B2B SaaS.
YOU'LL GET TO DO THINGS LIKE:
- Help build the best-in-class on-boarding program from design, to curriculum writing, to implementation, and execution
- Work with Product, Marketing and other cross functional teams to build effective training and content for sales to leverage during the sales process, including: new features/functionality training, customer success stories, industry trends and unique selling propositions, and more
- Be a ‘thought leader’ and evangelist for ecommerce
- Help manage the implementation and migrations of systems and tools
- Help develop metrics and KPIs to measure sales effectiveness
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A genuine passion for helping people succeed and solving problems
- A hunger to build something awesome from the ground up
- The readiness to roll up your sleeves and jump into all the functions of sales enablement
- The ability to be comfortable living in the grey - a high-growth, extremely fast changing environment
- An open mindset to failure and doing things you might not be good at
- A default-to-action mentality and be able to focus on results rather than process
- The capability to work with multiple stakeholders across disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Good project management expertise
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAD EXPERIENCE:
- Developing a sales on-boarding or training program
- Systems integrations and migrations
- Being in sales yourself
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re hungry to help power a world-class sales team, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to 'Sales Enablement Superhero' and describe your philosophy of enablement in 2-3 sentences.
"I tell people to not treat a career as a ladder. At Shopify, we talk about career being more like a jungle gym." — Tobi Lütke
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Sales jobs are posted.