About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. This requires fast and effective deployment of flexible physical security technology in all of our new and existing offices.
We are looking for someone to help build and maintain physical security systems to enhance our ability to prevent, detect and respond to security threats and incidents.
You will focus on ensuring our physical security systems are the best they can be, positively impacting the experience of all Shopifolk. The team you will be part of is responsible for the upkeep, expansion and support of our physical security systems including access control, video surveillance, intrusion and intercom equipment.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Extensive experience implementing physical security technology systems including access control, video surveillance, intrusion and intercom equipment
- Experience managing and prioritizing many large physical security technology projects
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment with limited instruction
- Strong communication skills and relentless attention to detail
- An analytical mind that can solve complex issues while remaining data-informed
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically 25% of the time
- Ability to be on-call as a part of a security on-call rotation (roughly once a month)
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
It'd be great if you had the following:
- Depth of experience in a security role which should include some combination of management of physical security technology, project management, providing physical security systems and support in a large scale environment
- Advanced Experience with Windows and Linux based Server and Computer systems
- Advanced Experience with Server and Computer administration
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and architecture
- Experience with Tyco Security Products, including Kantech, Exacqvision, and DSC NEO
- CPP/PSP or other relevant security certifications
In this role you'll get to tackle the following:
- Maintaining, auditing, inspecting and improving physical security technology across all Shopify offices
- Documentation, planning, and implementation of our advanced physical security technology builds across all Shopify offices
- Maintaining our physical security systems, servers and their software
- Supporting the team with software issues as well as providing training on systems
- Interacting with third party companies and vendors with regards to physical security systems projects for all new and existing Shopify buildings
We're looking forward to reading your application. Be sure to also tell us about a complex physical security technology problem that you've solved and how you solved it? We love hearing this stuff!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This posting will close on September 30th at 12PM EDT.