About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like, RedBull, GE, Boll and Branch, P&G, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Shopify is looking to grow the team responsible for building the next generation of commerce. As a member of the Plus Support FED team, you'll work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry in developing custom solutions for Shopify’s enterprise-level clientele.
While working closely with the Merchant Success team, you will be helping their merchants with design requests, fixing issues, and building Scripts. You will act as a mentor for aspiring individuals to develop the community of Front End Developers within Shopify.
You'll need to be able to:
- Have a solid understanding of the Liquid templating language
- Use git for version controlling and managing codebases with multiple developers
- Work with data-handling via AJAX and JSON
- Write code for complex user interactions
- Craft code that is easy for your fellow developers to maintain
- Effectively debug, understand and resolve issues with 3rd party developed code
- Prove that you care about the performance of your code and finished product
- Collaborate with other developers and contribute to building shared standards, tools, and approaches
- Communicate complex web development topics in an easily digestible manner for people with varying levels of web knowledge
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Working with REST APIs
- Build tools like Grunt or Gulp
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Involvement in the development or design communities through mentorship, meet-ups, blogging, etc
Here’s how to apply:
Before you hit the “Apply now” button: we’re going to need you to show us what you’re working with.Below you’ll find a brief assignment designed to let you show off your skills as a front-end developer. In the assignment, you’ll be creating your own Shopify store and customizing a Shopify theme of your choosing. In your application to the Plus Support FED team, please provide a link to your store.
You’ll first need to create a Shopify store and fill it with some demo products and collections.
Next, upload any free Shopify theme for your online store. Crack open the theme files and make the following modifications:
(1) Create an alternate product template that allows customers to personalize their purchases. This template will need to capture both a required and an optional line item property. The names of these properties should be stored as Theme Settings, so they can be easily changed.
(2) Using Shopify's AJAX API, create a order form page, allowing the customer to purchase multiple products, select the options they desire for each product, as well as the quantity of the item they'd like to purchase. Once the user clicks 'Order', send them directly to checkout so they can buy their items. Feel free to extend this to do anything else you might think would be helpful (e.g. line item properties on each item, etc.).
(3) For both of the above explain how you have achieved the end result and provide a guide on how a merchant would use this functionality.
Take your time with these three tasks and be thorough. Think about the user experience for the merchant, the customer, and your fellow developers. We want to see the best of your development and communication skills.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Production Engineering - Search Infrastructure Engineer (North America & Europe - Remote)||Engineering and Development||Remote|
|Production Engineering - Director of Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Production Engineering - Developer Tools Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -4 to UTC -8 time|
|Lead Software Developer - Sustaining Engineering||Engineering and Development||Canada - Remote|
|Production Engineering - Rails Infrastructure - Ruby Systems Engineer||Engineering and Development||Remote|
|Production Engineering - Scalability and Reliability||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|