Shopify believes entrepreneurship should be accessible to everyone, and we are powering the future of commerce by removing the technical, operational, and financial barriers to enable anyone anywhere to build and scale a business. With more than 500,000 customers in 175 countries, and trusted by brands such as Tesla, Red Bull, Nestle, GE, Kylie Cosmetics, we are now looking for more talented people to join our communications team.
This new role will support communications across Shopify Product PR and Corporate PR, which includes supporting on product launches, corporate announcements, triaging the Press inbox, managing team processes, internal documents and coverage reporting. They will play a critical role in supporting across all PR activities at Shopify.
Shopify is a public company (NYSE: SHOP, TSX: SHOP) with office locations in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, and San Francisco. Benefits include medical, dental, free meals, gym allowance, health stipend, parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, learning budgets, mentorship opportunities, one-on-one coaching, and more.
You'll get to do things like:
- Build relationships with media, and engage with press, bloggers, influencers
- Support proactive press campaigns for new product launches and corporate initiatives
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including press plans, blog posts, bylines, messaging, FAQs, and reactive statements
- Prepare and provide strategic direction to spokespeople for press interviews, presentations, speaking events, and more
- Counsel and collaborate with cross-functional partners in communications, product, marketing, business development, events, legal and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Manage the Press inbox, internal processes and documents, reporting
You'll need to have:
- 1-2 years of PR experience either from agency or in-house, working in corporate communications, technology, or consumer
- Experience with media strategy, writing and content development
- Passionate and curious about the tech and business press landscape
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, be resourceful and a team player
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.