PR Specialist, Corporate
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 500,000+ customers and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly and are constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We’re on the hunt for a highly creative, insights-driven PR Specialist who will help highlight Shopify’s unique and remarkable culture. This person will work closely with our brilliant PR team, internal stakeholders, as well as the surrounding tech community, to shape both Shopify’s global and local story. We’re looking for someone who is knowledgeable, resourceful and ready to have an impact.
You'll get to do things like:
- Message and train spokespeople
- Write pitches and other external facing content
- Collaborating across departments to solve big challenges at scale
- Own external recruitment messaging, target community engagement opportunities, and make recommendations
- Leverage Shopify’s employer brand messaging to create exciting, unique, and targeted recruitment communications
- Develop, execute, analyze, and report on targeted media campaigns
- Train and provide strategic advice and direction to company executives and spokespeople for media interviews, presentations, events, and more
- Work closely with the marketing team to brainstorm unique story angles for feature stories
- Analyze data for trend pieces
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience working in public relations, focusing on technology and branding
- A passion for entrepreneurship and making commerce better for everyone
- A strong grasp of media relations, attention to detail, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively
- A comprehensive understanding of the tech and business media landscape, including: national magazines, national newspapers, broadcast, blogs, radio, trade magazines, webinars, podcasts, and more
- A desire to grow alongside a highly-experienced team and operate within a positive and inclusive environment
- The ability to work with executives to build effective corporate messaging
It'd be great if you also had experience with:
- Culture stories, employee and/or company profiles
- Working closely with integrated teams like social, event management, sponsorships, video production etc.
- Managing B2B PR campaigns
- Pitching international media
- Planning and running events
- Publishing on blogs and websites
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.