PR Specialist, Retail + Money
Shopify believes entrepreneurship should be accessible to everyone, and we are powering the future of commerce by removing the technical, operational, and financial barriers to enable anyone anywhere to build and scale a business. With more than 500,000 merchants in 175 countries, and trusted by brands such as Tesla, Red Bull, Nestle, GE, Kylie Cosmetics, we are now looking for more talented people to join our communications team.
This new role will lead communications for all retail activities and Shopify POS, which includes our new Swipe and Chip reader, helping anyone accept payments in-store and on the go anywhere customers are. They will also lead communications for all money products like Shopify Payments, accelerated checkouts, as well as Shopify Capital and other upcoming products. They will play a critical role in helping define the narratives and drive our presence in each of these respective areas through product launches, compelling stories, event sponsorship activations, industry conferences, and more.
Shopify is a public company (NYSE: SHOP, TSX: SHOP) with office locations in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, and San Francisco. Benefits include medical, dental, free meals, gym allowance, health stipend, parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, learning budgets, mentorship opportunities, one-on-one coaching, and more.
You'll get to do things like:
- Build deep relationships with media, and engage with press, bloggers, influencers, and the general public as a spokesperson
- Lead proactive press campaigns for new product launches and initiatives
- Drive creative storylines and activities that establish brand awareness and leadership in retail commerce and payments spaces
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including narratives, press plans, blog posts, bylines, messaging, FAQs, and reactive statements
- Prepare and provide strategic direction to executives and spokespeople for press interviews, presentations, speaking events, and more
- Counsel and collaborate with cross-functional partners in communications, product, marketing, business development, events, legal and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of PR experience either from agency or in-house, working in corporate communications, technology, or consumer
- Excellent media, strategy, crisis communications, writing and content development skills
- A strong grasp of the tech, business, and consumer press landscape
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, be resourceful and a team player
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.