Pricing, Packaging & Promotions Lead
- Business Operations
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
Shopify is seeking a highly motivated Pricing & Packaging Lead with a focus on complex and high-value accounts to join our Revenue Operations team as an IC (individual contributor). We are looking for an expert in both defining and implementing pricing & packaging strategies within a SaaS organization. This role requires an individual who is passionate about solving complicated pricing and packaging challenges, with a handle on financial analysis and modeling. This role will work cross functionally with finance, operations, marketing, sales and merchant success to develop pricing strategies that drive revenue growth while ensuring customer satisfaction. It is a high visibility role with frequent executive interaction and exposure.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Define, implement and measure pricing strategies based on business and financial goals, competitive insight and operational capabilities
- Guide cross-functional implementation of pricing initiatives from conception to go-to-market, ensuring global & regional initiatives are rolled out properly
- Design promotional framework for bundled & volume selling, improving the core economics of the business and accelerating customer acquisition & expansion
- Own pricing strategy and support for our most strategic accounts at Shopify. Work closely with executives to design creative pricing packages and develop a value driven communications strategy.
- Collaborate with sales enablement in ensuring GTM teams can effectively articulate and defend Shopify’s pricing approach
- Act as a trusted and reliable advisor, driving decision-making among stakeholders
- Utilize data analysis tools to forecast revenue, pricing trends, and customer behavior to support pricing strategy decisions
- Manage and maintain pricing and packaging documentation and internal guidelines
- 5+ years of experience in pricing and packaging analysis, preferably in a technology or SaaS company
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Knowledge of ecommerce industry trends and pricing strategies
- Strong experience leveraging data analytics
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative pricing research techniques
- Proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence the decisions of different levels of management
- Prior experience in a global role that takes regional nuance into account
When submitting your application, please include a brief cover letter addressed to Jenn Cohen expressing why you're interested in this position. We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering