About the role
We are in search of a Creative Principal Designer for our Merchant Services Marketing team. This is a hands-on senior leadership role that will help bring our products to life and tell powerful stories to our merchants about the capabilities Shopify unlocks.
As Creative Principal Designer, you will be responsible for establishing a high quality standard of Marketing UX craft and working directly with teams on the hardest marketing design and UX problems. You will be accountable for setting the creative vision and direction for those marketing projects, and help execute through direct design work.
You will support and mentor existing marketing UX teams and help establish a strong craft tie across teams. You will work closely with other Creative Directors, as well as with Product Marketers, Marketing Front End Developers, UX and Product leaders. You will collaborate across the organisation to build cohesive experiences between marketing and product, and to realise a creative vision that aligns across Shopify and raises the bar for marketing experiences.
- Act as Creative Director and Principal Designer on priority marketing projects for the Merchant Services group
- Creative vision for major product launches, executed through a launch campaign leveraging numerous channels including landing pages, social channels, paid media, and surface areas within our admin to name a few.
- Helping with brand and identity for priority new products, including physical products (eg packaging)
- Working closely with embedded marketing teams on priority campaigns, supporting Senior designers and contributing to design execution
- Collaborating with other marketing design teams outside of Merchant Services on key work, representing Merchant Services products in those campaigns
- Building strong craft ties across the marketing UX group and assisting in group critiques and cultural rituals
- Collaborating and consulting with Sr Leaders in Marketing and Product to take new campaigns and programs from idea to execution
- You’re a hands-on leader with previous experience leading or working with in-house Research & Development teams through the creative process
- You’ve championed the creative projects that span content design, video production, user experience design, front end development and beyond.
- You have proven leadership skills, allowing you to mentor a creative team while championing broader strategic priorities
- Strategic and decisive, you’re able to scope and resource innovative new ideas. You know when to ship quickly and when to slow down and build for the long term.
- An expert at stakeholder management, you know when to solicit input and how to translate feedback from other senior leaders and executives into actionable insights for your team.
- You understand how to have impact at scale. You have proven experience creating scalable marketing processes and frameworks, influencing without authority, and providing creative direction on a wide range of projects.
- You’re immersed in culture and digital trends and excited to find innovative new ways to connect with audiences.
Closing date: Wednesday, July 21st at 11:59PM EDT. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us by Friday, July 30th at 5:00pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Staff Designer, Shop (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designer - Brand & Audience Expansion (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designer, Shipping (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designer - Global Marketing||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Principal Product Designer, Core (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|