Privacy Development Lead
Shopify’s Security Team safeguards the trust that our merchants have in us. This means protecting the information we collect and being conscientious about how we use it. This can be challenging when you process millions of transactions a year for hundreds of thousands of merchants all over the world.
We are looking for someone to lead the team that is building the systems that allow us to scale quickly while continuing to safeguard that trust. If you are someone who enjoys gaining a deep understanding of both technical and regulatory systems and finding creative solutions that work for both then consider joining us in making commerce better.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience leading multidisciplinary teams (including software developers) preferably as part of a compliance and risk-mitigation regime
- Experience assessing and defining system specifications preferably in relation to compliance with international privacy regulations
- Ability to craft compelling messages and be a strong advocate for proper data management systems at Shopify
- Experience as a software developer, with the ability to jump in to help developers as needed
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience defining best practices in a fast-moving technical organization
- Experience managing risk in cloud-based platforms or services
- Experience working with external auditors, regulators, and third parties interested in data management
You’ll be working on:
- Managing a team of developers and analysts who are improving the privacy safety nets that are used at Shopify to keep us moving quickly
- Liaising with project teams and balancing their projects’ needs with privacy-conscious results
- Leading the effort at the organizational level to educate developers, support, and other staff about privacy rules and best practices
- Reviewing projects for potential privacy issues so that can be addressed at an early stage
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Frances.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Security jobs are posted.