Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Shopify’s Security Team safeguards the trust that our merchants have in us. This means protecting the information we collect and being conscientious about how we use it. This can be challenging when you process millions of transactions a year for hundreds of thousands of merchants all over the world.
We are looking for developers to meet this challenge by building and enhancing our systems to protect this information and keep our systems compliant with privacy regulations all over the world. You will be helping protect the personal information of millions of people and improving the trust people have in online commerce.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with Rails or the desire to learn it quickly
- Extensive software development experience - proficient with things like software design patterns, code review, a variety of languages, TDD, etc
- Interest in developing creative ways of balancing the needs of a fast-growing platform and privacy protection
- Curiosity about how systems, both legal and software, work
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Developing systems that are compliant with a regulatory regime (anti-spam laws, privacy laws, consent decrees, etc.)
- Developing for Spark or similar technologies
- Database technologies including MySQL and Postgres
- Data warehouse technologies such as Vertica or HDFS
You'll be working on things like:
- Collaborating with project teams to help guide product development toward having privacy concerns included by design
- Responding to changes in regulatory or contractual requirements with timely code fixes and product adjustment
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Frances.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Security jobs are posted.