About the role
We’re looking for UX-focused content strategists to plan, define, and create content for Shopify’s virtual employee, Kit. This position requires deep understanding of the role language plays in the process of designing a friendly, trustworthy, and knowledgeable virtual persona. Experience developing chatbots or conversational interfaces strongly preferred. This isn’t a marketing or social media role.
Content strategists at Shopify collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to design and build our products. We’re a close-knit team of more than 20 content strategists who work across the company to create clear, concise content that makes our products work better.
Requirements for the role:
- Content strategy experience, preferably in a product environment with a focus on chat and bot experiences.
- Background working with cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers.
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.
- Experience developing chatbots or conversational interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization.
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them.
- A portfolio of work you've done. Bonus if it includes interface content, microcopy, or even style guides.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Helping establish and refine the voice of Kit, Shopify's virtual employee, across all products.
- Being a part of our UX team alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers building Shopify products for merchants and partners.
- Collaborating closely with other content strategists. Review and critique your teammates’ content to help them grow.
- Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improve what we have today.
- Defining and evolving editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions.
- Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products.
- Empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Tess Saville is looking forward to reading your application.