As a designer you will work on a product used by anyone from small fashion boutiques, global brands or even international product suppliers and fulfillment centres. You’re expected to create a beautiful product that empowers our merchants and suppliers to run their businesses and pushes the boundaries of the world of commerce. We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else. You need to be able to identify problems, perform research, prototype solutions and ship features.
We power hundreds of thousands of online stores, and thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Define, explore, and solve complex merchant and supplier problems
- Representing our merchants and suppliers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Working with the product managers and engineers on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire app
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, user interviews and peer feedback
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Creative suite, Invision, etc.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, interaction design and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, data analysts and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- UI/UX abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Justas Galaburda.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.