As a designer you’ll work on a small team, own your project from start to finish, collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, and wear many different hats. You will help identify problems, perform research, prototype solutions and be responsible for all facets of the user experience. Thousands of merchants and suppliers will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else.
- Define, explore, and solve complex problems. Quickly prototyping solutions, and shipping high fidelity design.
- Ship valuable, high quality work without sacrificing speed
- Develop industry-leading domain expertise in your product’s problem area – fulfillment, shipping, etc.
- Continuously broaden your knowledge in other UX disciplines
- Represent our merchants and suppliers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocate for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Work with the Product Managers and Engineers on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements
- Contribute to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, user interviews and peer feedback
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Creative suite, Invision, etc.Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, interaction design, and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, data analysts and more
- A deep empathy for the userUI/UX abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. Please address your application to Justas Galaburda.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.