About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services on and offline. With 800,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
As a Product Designer on the Localization team, you have a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants around the world. This role bridges our country teams with the rest of Shopify UX's 400+ team, to share insights from global locations to enable all product teams to consider local experiences. Making Shopify better for merchants around the world brings deeply interesting UX challenges across language, behaviours, currency & trade, and ultimately, culture. Your day to day will feature a mix of internal education and advocacy, as well as direct, merchant problem-solving on the most complex localization problems that our product teams face. This is an opportunity to learn about global and bring their perspectives back into our design systems. You will work with a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants around the world and make commerce better for everyone, everywhere.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences.
- A love for solving complex product problems with simple design solutions.
- Passion for building tailored experiences across a diverse set of languages and cultures.
- Experience collaborating with product management and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- Experience with design systems: whether creating them or working with them
- Passion for systems work
- Fluency in visual design: including typography, colour systems, layout
- Experience with multi-brand or multi-product design systems
Projects you could work on:
- Ensuring our platform considers the full range of international merchant needs across language, culture, and local commerce behaviours.
- Building new products around international requirements, to serve merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that language, payments, & shipping products can function fundamentally different around the world - we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and provide simple, scalable experiences.
- Working with other teams at Shopify to build a deep understanding and consideration of merchant needs around the world.
- Evolving the look and feel of Shopify to be relevant in priority markets as we scale; with the discipline to think locally and act globally.
- Contributing to how our product teams, including UX, engineering and product management collaborate to produce a world-class offering. The International team is still in the fundamental forming and storming stages as a product team. We’re building to the needs of our merchants while hardening our institutional knowledge.
- Designing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow.
Closing date: September, 17th at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Content Strategist - Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer, Taxes||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|Product Designer - Localization||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|UX Manager, Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist - Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Market Researcher||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|