About the role
Today, Shopify empowers more than 800,000+ merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. Early on, we made the decision to build a partner platform to help merchants meet their unique needs by installing apps or hiring services. Commerce is so vast and each merchant has such unique needs that we rely on these ecosystem to allow merchants to customize Shopify to their needs. The Partner Platform team builds the tools and operations that enable this ecosystem.
As a Partner Platform UX team, we work on products that empower our partners to push the boundaries of commerce. Informed by research and data, we solve complex problems and build iteratively toward our vision. We collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content strategists, user researchers, and marketers to deliver the best possible experience for both our partners and merchants. As a product designer on Partner Platform, you'll help cultivate a trustworthy, secure, and sustainable ecosystem for our partners and merchants.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Product Designer at Shopify, you will:
- Advocate for user experience across our platform by representing our users for product decisions and help the team develop a deeper understanding of challenges facing the Partner Ecosystem
- Design, prototype, test, and ship solutions to solve complex problems
- Share and iterate your designs based on peer feedback, user research, and Partner feedback
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, content, and research to explore, build, and ship the right solution to the problem
- Make your team stronger by helping your teammates build context and make decisions formed with empathy for our customers
Requirements for the role:
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of the user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- A deep empathy for the user, and tools to help others develop this empathy as well
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma or Sketch
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sanja is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This posting will close on Monday, Sept 23rd at 9 am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.