About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services on and offline. With one million merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
The Themes team is looking for a product designer who is excited about building human-centred experiences. This team is focused on building storefronts that work hard for both our merchants and online shoppers around the world. As a product designer, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content strategists, and user researchers. You’ll design world class experiences that make it easy for merchants to customize their storefronts.
The Themes team works across Shopify to launch new features and improve the platform as a whole. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
Requirements for the role:
- You’ve designed and shipped product experiences that balance users needs and design scalability
- You have collaborated with other designers, product management, engineering and other UX disciplines
- You are experienced with creating, maintaining and/or developing design or brand systems
- You think in systems—the components, people, and their interconnectedness
- You have a deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to research user needs, wireframe, prototype and develop high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions.
- You leverage the knowledge and resources around you to solve complex and ambiguous problems with lots of dependencies and constraints
- You have excellent communication skills, and can effectively bring various stakeholders to the same vision and objectives
- Fluency in visual design shown in a portfolio of projects (typography, colour systems, and layout skills)
Projects you could work on:
- Ensuring our platform considers the full range of merchant needs across industries, brand types and inventory sizes, by building scalable themes and features
- Shaping how UX, engineering, and product teams collaborate to produce a world-class offering and to ship new storefront features. We’re building to the needs of our merchants while hardening our institutional knowledge
- Being the craft steward of theme design and Theme Editor UX best practices
- Maintaining an exceptional selection of themes by establishing and exemplifying Theme Store standards for our theme partners ecosystem
- Building new products around performance and accessibility requirements to serve every shopper
- Relationship building with UX teams across Shopify. While we have the freedom to define our own process, it’s essential to be a partner and advocate to ensure merchant theme customization becomes a habit for all teams shipping storefront features
- Designing and shipping with efficiency and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow
Closing date: November 21st, 2019 at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior UX Manager, Merchandising||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer - Localization||UX and Design||Waterloo, Montreal|
|Concepteur/conceptrice de produits - Thèmes||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer - Localization||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer||UX and Design||Montreal, Canada|