About the role
Our Developer Platform team builds the systems that help support the Shopify API and tooling such as our documentation, developer onboarding, CLI and developer dashboard. We also build extensibility mechanisms such as App Bridge and Polaris that allow developers to build tightly integrated merchant experiences. This is the team that is responsible for taking all aspects of Shopify and crafting into a clear, opinionated developer experience for the best way to build applications on top of our platform to help our merchants grow.
We are looking for experienced Technical Product Managers who can take a lot of complexity and distill it into experiences that developers love - an experience that makes Shopify the best platform to build commerce applications.
What you will do:
- Define and guide the roadmap and long term product strategy for a set of products within our developer platform.
- Collaborate with Developers, Designers, Data Scientists, Marketers, and customers. You will be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one.
- Be a well-rounded Technical Product Manager who understands the technical details relevant to the product experience and are also able to provide product design/UX sense.
- Speak with Developers on a daily basis to translate their needs and problems into product requirements.
- Communicate with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
- Work with product marketing and developer evangelists to drive adoption of your products.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of technical product management experience, including experience with software or SaaS products.
- A proven history of success in technical product management roles at high-tech or SaaS software companies.
- Experience defining the roadmap and strategy for creating best in class experiences for developers.
- Great communication skills and sound technical knowledge to drive developer experience with engineering and data science teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
Nice to have:
- Software engineering experience, or experience writing or developing software as a hobby.
- Experience building or managing products that have APIs that act as a key interface.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Manager (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|