About the role
Want to help merchants and buyers solve a complicated problem? This is a great opportunity to do just that. A decade ago setting up payments for your online store was complicated. Not any more. The truth is, taxes are still complicated for online businesses, and our goal is to modernize taxes for Shopify merchants.
Shopify’s mission is to reduce barriers to business ownership. One of the barriers to both business ownership and growth is taxes. The emotions most commonly encountered when dealing with tax are: frustrated, stressful, and confusing.
At Shopify, we have a unique opportunity to break this status-quo with the Shop app. It is in our DNA to make it easier to start, run, and grow a business. And we have accomplished this before with payments, shipping, retail, and instalments. As Product Lead, Sales Tax you will have the opportunity to lead a core part of the Tax Team, and solve problems that impact merchants and buyers across the world.
What will you do?
- Taking a player coach role, you’ll support your team, hire and grow, and get your hands dirty in the craft of product management.
- Confidently develop long term product strategy and obtain buy-in from executives and stakeholders in payments, checkout, and marketplaces.
- Convert hidden customer insights into a product/feature with a measurable impact on customer and business metrics.
- In collaboration with engineering, product marketing, and data teams, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch.
- Break down large complex problems into smaller milestones, iterate on these small milestones while showcasing the ability to adapt as the team acquires new insights.
- Evaluate problem solving from a build, buy, or partner perspective.
- Define key metrics to track success of initiatives.
What do you bring?
- A proven history of success in product management roles. You’ve grown through the ranks from Product Manager to People Manager. You have solved problems in complex areas like payments, ecommerce, shipping, fulfillment, healthcare, or marketplaces.
- People management experience. You’ve navigated tough conversations with direct reports, and feel comfortable supporting Product Managers to achieve their career goals
- You’ve led technical products or large-scale platforms, and are equally excited about beautiful API design as you are about merchant experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering high impact.
- Strong communication skills and experience in working with many opinionated stakeholders across different parts of an organization.
Nice to have:
- Experience with marketplaces.
- Experience scaling products across many geographies.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is Digital by Default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Product Lead, Shopify Markets (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Commerce Algorithms (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead - Trust, Data & AI (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Technical Product Lead/Senior Product Lead, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead/Senior Product Lead, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|