About the role
For a long time, selling globally has been reserved for large marketplaces and retailers. We are changing this with Shopify Markets. Markets enable Shopify merchants to decide where they should expand their business and provides them with all the tools they need to create localized market-specific experiences. We just recently announced this product to our merchants and have had a roaring reception!
We're looking for a Product Lead to join our team and lead the next phase of growth for Shopify Markets as we scale up our investments in this area. As the Product Lead for Shopify Markets, you will own the entire experience of helping merchants get started with selling internationally, providing them all the localization tools they need to create market-specific experiences and building data products to help merchants frame their international strategy.
What will you do?
- Lead a group of product managers to drive Shopify’s strategy to unlock the biggest growth opportunity for our merchants with Shopify Markets.
- Lead a team of product managers to shape the multiple products that form part of the Shopify Markets offering and identify opportunities for new areas of expansion.
- You will closely work with engineering, UX, data, product marketing and finance leaders for Shopify Markets and collaborate with teams across Shopify.
- Drive the product strategy and execution for how Shopify’s millions of merchants can become global businesses.
- Work closely with marketing and commercial teams to drive GTM strategy and own financial targets for the performance of this product.
What do you bring?
- A proven history of success in product management roles: You’ve either grown through the ranks from Product Manager to Product Lead and people manager; or found product management early enough in your career to have both shipped products, and led teams to ship products.
- People management experience: You’ve been responsible for performance management, have navigated tough conversations with direct reports, and you feel comfortable supporting Product Managers to achieve their career goals.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- Experience owning and driving the building and shipping of complex, SaaS products at scale.
- A love of storytelling.
- A genuine excitement for solving user problems and a strong sense of empathy for our merchants and their buyers.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Product Lead, Shopify Fulfillment Network (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Merchant Experience (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Ecosystem Quality & Trust (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Shopify Logistics (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Search - SHOP (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Manager (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|