About the role
What Will You Do?
- Partner closely with Shopify’s Trust Data Science team to build a multi-year product strategy for Shopify's Commerce, Trust & Integrity data platform that will empower teams and accelerate the delivery, application and impact of machine learning (ML) across experiences.
- Support and lead experimentation across Trust signals, and experiences leveraging those signals.
- Work with teams across Shopify to identify opportunities to responsibly leverage Trust data, and to unlock new signals to constantly improve Shopify's fraud & risk management capabilities.
- Establish and evangelize key risk metrics across the company, to foster a shared responsibility for risk management.
- Translate high level business ideas to technical deliverables. Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
You will need to have:
- At least five (5) years of direct experience as a Product Leader or Product Manager.
- A proven history of success in technical product leadership and/or management roles. You’ve either grown through the ranks from Product Manager to Product People Manager; or found Product Management early enough in your career to have both shipped products, and led teams to ship products.
- Experience partnering closely with internal Machine Learning and Data teams, and engaging with external partners, ideally with an eCommerce, or fraud & risk management focus.
- Familiarity with end-to-end AI-based products life cycle.
- Ability to self-service with respect to data. Proficiency with SQL is a must. Ideally with Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, or similar business intelligence tools.
- Experience designing, running, and interpreting experiments at scale.
- Experience applying machine learning to complex business problems.
- Ideally, previous work in a risk, or trust & safety product capacity.
- Proven ability to manage product through ambiguity, competing priorities and changing stakeholder needs.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is Digital by Default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Product Lead, Shopify Markets (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Commerce Algorithms (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Sales Tax - SHOP (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Technical Product Lead/Senior Product Lead, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead/Senior Product Lead, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote - North America)||Product Management||Americas|