About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The product opportunity
As a Product Manager for Shopify Capital, you will drive product initiatives from inception to execution. In this role, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine key features. Shopify Capital builds products that expand access to credit and we have extended over $400M in funding to our merchants. Funding helps our merchants manage their cash flow and makes it easy for them to invest and grow their business. On this team, you can bring together Shopify's strengths in data, algorithms, and software to innovate on the ways that financial institutions have traditionally measured risk and awarded credit - while delivering a delightful merchant experience.
You'll be joining a team of talented, driven and highly collaborative people. Your colleagues on the product team will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting stuff done. Come join a team that is on a mission to make our merchants smarter by delivering pervasive insights at the point of impact making Shopify the leader in the delivery of analytics in the retail industry.
What will I be doing?
- Obsessively understand merchant’s need for financing and deliver the best product to match that.
- Collaborating with UX, data, and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high-quality products.
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Working with teams on small, fast iterative projects to execute that strategy - driving the vision and cadence of execution
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines (finance, legal, business development) and across multiple product lines
What experience do I need?
- Experience building, growing and supporting end to end implementation of a merchant lending product
- Strong understanding of the product management discipline and been working as a product manager
- Proven track record of delivering product to market that is successful and drives revenue for the company
- SaaS experience
- Capability to make good decisions quickly that helps your teams do the same
- The ability to take a strategy and translate it to actionable tasks
- You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting shit done
- Strong team player and ability to work across teams to ensure cohesion and alignment to a single product direction
- Great communication skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- If you have experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product, we'd love to hear about it!
- A strong growth mindset
- Empathy for the merchant and genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Alexa is looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Friday, September 20th at 5PM (EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Manager - Data - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Toronto|
|Senior Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Ecosystem Integrity, Platform||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Montreal|
|Senior Product Manager, Retail Team||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Technical Product Manager Lead - Trust||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|