About the role
The Product Team at Shopify is growing and we're looking for some seasoned product managers to join us!
Product Managers at Shopify work with customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They impact and create value for over 850,000 entrepreneurs in approximately 175 countries and over thousands of partners around the world that support Shopify merchants.
About the Platform Product Line
Shopify is the operating system of merchant’s businesses. Early on, we made the decision to build a Partner & Developer ecosystem to help merchants meet their unique needs by installing apps or hiring services. Commerce is so vast and each merchant has such unique needs that we rely on these ecosystems to allow merchants to customize Shopify to their needs. Our team builds the tools and operations that enables this ecosystem.
“Commerce itself is becoming more complex. At Shopify, we know that our App Platform is mission critical for us to solve this complexity.” - Brandon Chu, VP of Platform (in his Keynote at Unite 2018)
About the Role
You'll work closely within the Partner Ecosystem Integrity team on challenging problems related to governance and billing systems, to ensure that we cultivate a reliable, secure and sustainable partner ecosystem.
Required experience for the role:
- A few years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, as long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs and turned them into products that have delighted real users
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Excited about rolling up your sleeves and thriving in ambiguity
- Passionate about solving customer problems
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- The ability to align and influence diverse teams
- Have strong structured thinking with a systems mindset
- The ability to provide direction to a team
- Very clear and structured communicator
- Has worked in complex/larger technology organizations
- Driven by impact
Relevant experience for the role:
- An engineering or developer facing background
- Start up experience
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Indra and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close August 16th at 4 pm EST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Product Manager - Capital||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Product, Merchandising||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|