About the role
Shopify is the operating system of merchant’s businesses. Early on, we made the decision to build a Partner & Developer ecosystem to help merchants meet their unique needs by installing apps or hiring services. Commerce is so vast and each merchant has such unique needs that we rely on these ecosystems to allow merchants to customize Shopify to their needs. Our team builds the tools and operations that enables this ecosystem.
“Commerce itself is becoming more complex. At Shopify, we know that our App Platform is mission critical for us to solve this complexity.” - Brandon Chu, VP of Platform (in his Keynote at Unite 2018)
Experts Marketplace is our newest marketplace, aimed at helping merchants find and work with the right service providers. Given the increasing complexity of commerce, we believe having fast and affordable access to quality service providers will be critical in helping our merchants succeed. You'll work with the Experts Marketplace team on challenging problems related to improving product/market fit to suit merchants and experts, growing the product, and scaling to new markets and services.
Required experience for the role:
- Building and scaling a marketplace including: finding and scaling supply/demand fit, while also improving marketplace efficiency
- The ability to work with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive alignment and execute
- Ability to balance trade-offs inherent in building two-sided marketplaces
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting things done
- Bringing systems thinking to complex problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead through influence
Relevant experience for the role:
- Experience with operating or building marketplaces
- Familiarity with SQL and drawing insights from data
- Entrepreneurial experience
Projects you could work on:
- Working with a cross-discipline team to grow and scale the Experts Marketplace
- Build and execute on a product and operational strategy for the marketplace
- Use data and user research to drive a roadmap and decision making
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Tejas and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close December 2nd at 4 pm EST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Product Manager - Data Science & Engineering||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Onboarding - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|