About the role
Shopify powers over 800,000 merchants around the world, and we’re just getting started. The International team is a product line within Shopify, with the mission to make commerce better for everyone...everywhere!
The Shopify International team is growing, and we’re looking for a product manager to help us tailor Shopify to the needs of French merchants and their customers. Making commerce better for merchants in France means you will work across the holistic Shopify product offering in France and tackle product challenges across the full commerce ecosystem - from payments and logistics, to language, behaviours, and ultimately culture. This is a unique opportunity to be the first Product Manager in market, building the foundation of entrepreneurship with Shopify in France.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, or point of sale in France; either as an entrepreneur or building products to help merchants sell anywhere.
- Experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- You’ve managed a roadmap across a few teams and delivered consistently through influence.
- You’re genuinely excited about solving customer problems.
- You’re deeply curious about, and empathize with the user, and use data to inform product decisions.
- Have great communication skills in English and Français (written and verbal).
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset; rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and an obsession with solving problems for customers quickly.
Projects your could work on:
- You will own Shopify’s product roadmap for France, to ensure that we’re putting the right pieces in place that will create an incredible experience for local merchants (and their customers!).
- Championing the product roadmap & making sure local interests are included in development and product planning.
- Working with other teams across Shopify to understand the challenges that French merchants face.
- You will collaborate with the local country team on the initiation, development, and product execution of essential product partnerships for France, ranging from new sales channel partnerships to adding local payment and shipping methods
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on difficult problems at a global scale, in a friendly and collaborative environment. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jenn is looking forward to reading your application.